Ten Spring-Themed Activities to Do Around Atlanta This March
As usual, the weather here in Georgia is about as unpredictable as the presidential nominees. Today it’s raining, yesterday it was snowing, and Fox Five Atlanta says there may or may not be a slight chance of meatballs-err hail approaching this afternoon. No matter what the predictions, you can’t help but notice that there is a refreshing change in the air.
The birds are chirping, and the sun is shining a little brighter than usual. This can only mean one thing… Spring is arriving! This is our favorite time of the year because after a sluggish Winter, everyone starts to come back out and play. Here are 10 Activities to do around the city that you and your family will love this March.
1. We at The Red Door love poetry and on the first Wednesday of the month, you can come out and see some amazing performances with the Reflective Soul Series. Our next event will be April 1st. In addition, Open Mic Poetry at Urban Grind takes place every Thursday and invites you to share your best thoughts to the audience. Includes March 5, 12, 19 and 26.
2. Personally, we are very excited about The Atlanta Science Festival which features hands-on activities, performances, presentations and facility tours in dozens of locations to celebrate local science and technology, plus an expo in Piedmont Park. This takes place March 6-21
3. No weekend is complete without a mimosa. Check out the Atlanta Brunch Festival which invites you to buy tasty bites and beverages from 25 restaurants, happening March 7.
4. The KidFitStrong Fitness Challenge includes 10 fitness stations focused on sprinting, pushups, wall crawls, hurdles, jumping jacks, sit-ups, climbing and tunnel crawls in Piedmont Park. March 8.
5. Women in Wine: UNCORKED features 30 world-class, women-made, farmed or owned wines from craftswomen from Spain, Portugal, Argentina and Uruguay. Barcelona Wine Bar. March 15.
6. The 20th Annual Toylanta features two floors of toys of all kinds including GI Joe, STAR WARS, MOTU, TMNT, Captain Action, Hot Wheels, Monster Toys, MEGO, Transformers, Marx Playsets, Marvel Legends, anime, games, comics, records and more, plus special guests, demonstrations, workshops. March 20.
7. The Atlanta '90s Throwback Bar Crawl invites you to put together a '90s outfit, grab your friends and head out to a secret bar crawl route full of retro shot specials, bucket list challenge items, and a $1,000 cash prize. March 21.
8. The AllStar Legends of Hip Hop brings Trina, Juvenile, Too Short, Scarface, 8Ball & MJG, and Twista to the Fox Theatre. March 27
9. Little Critters Day at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History allows you to meet baby animals, play games and collect eggs at activity stations. March 28.
10 "Hamilton" is the smash Broadway musical about America’s founding father, Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first treasury secretary. The musical score blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B and Broadway. Hamilton will be in town from March 31-May 3.
More fun around the city also means more fun and events happening at The Red Door, check out some of our own events coming up.
Interested in having your own event? Book your free tour here