Bridal showers have been going on for a while but they recently picked up with fervor. Bridesmaids are going out of their way to make sure their girl gets a memorable bridal shower.
What was usually hen’s night which should have been the opposite of bachelor's eve has turned into a full on party. Ladies no longer just dress up and go to the club or get a nicely built male dancer to put a healthy blush on the bride's face. These days, bridal showers have taken a personality of their own. From themes to food choices and venues, bridal showers have grown big. Some even higher special planners for them. Phew! When a bride has genuine friends as bridesmaids, they will bend back over to give her an amazing surprise bridal showers.
Everyone wants something creative. Here are 5 unique ideas for a bridal shower.
1. Pirates of the Caribbean (all women squad) Who doesn't love captain Jack sparrow? At your service ladies. Every bride's maid can dress up as a character from any of the movie’s part and the bride gets to be Jack sparrow. To make it even more real, a ship can be rented, the decorations similar to that of the movies. The drinks can either be rum or made to look like rum. Ahoy matey!
2. Ladies of Disney: A bridal shower theme centered around the different princesses of Disney animations is a refreshing look. Disney has an abundance of beloved princesses and so you can never run out characters to dress up as. Decorate the venue like a ball Room with royal looking finger foods and snacks and a castle cake with a princess topping!
3. Ancient civilization themed shower: Ancient Rome, Greece or Egypt are very beautiful styles to base a bridal shower on. The props are easy to get and these cultures have been known for their love of a good party. You will get to dress in beautiful flowing dresses and use wreaths (if you go with a Roman theme)
4. Wakanda warriors: If you ladies are feeling a little adventurous, try this. No hair shaving though. If your girl is a die hard fan of black panther, Then please let her be Okoye,head of the Wakandan guards. Purple lanterns will make an impressive vibranium themed decor. Design a cake that looks like a black panther head or logo. As a bridal shower idea, this is a lot daring and parallel but that is the whole point. Please break the internet.
5. Ethnic centered theme: You can either pick the ethnicity of the bride or any unique tribe and center the bridal shower around it. Take for example the Ashanti tribe of Ghana. When going with the Theme, the decor will be centered on the popular Kente fabric. Going with an ethnic theme can add color and spice to the bridal shower. If possible serve some local delicacies along side regular snacks.